Tuesday, May 5, 2009

And all around the smell of rain

I walked home today feeling very confused. The type of confusion that leaves you without any sort of base from which to start. Even if the base was only of clay or mud at least then you could sculpt a castle or a tiny mud dog and pretend that you had something concrete. But I didn't have that base and the mud dog was off somewhere probably chewing on the resolution to my confusion.

So I tried to make a list of people who I felt comfortable giving me a not-chewed answered. The list didn't satisfy me. I tried to think about it differently - we need to reframe the question in order to know to whom we ought address it!

I couldn't formulate the question.

By this point there was an intense feeling of frustration - but who was feeling it was unclear, where it was being felt was mysterious, and why it was met with a response of amusement and from whom was entirely unknown.

And then the wind woke me. I looked up and caught the moon giggling at me through the late-day clouds and all around the smell of rain.

No comments: